Friday, February 14, 2014

Wats special? What the h@#%

“So, wats special today?”, this question has been hounding me like a hungry dog since morning. And, I am fed of answering it. So, what if it’s  THE VALENTINES DAY today and I am not going out to celebrate it.

Spare me! (And forgive me certain Miss for using your fav. reaction). Let me tell you whats so special today. It is Friday; end of the week and this makes me happy more than anything. I am one of those who eagerly wait for Friday since the beginning of the week and go into depression on the Sunday evening.



So, I am happy and I don’t need a valentine to make me happy and that’s about it.

I may not have that special someone in my life but I do have my valentines – my family, my friends, my wonderful ex-colleagues (can’t say same about my current ones ‘coz I hate them as much as they do, so feeling is mutual). I am totally flabbergasted by the total amount of preparations people are getting into to celebrate this one day. Just to say or express your love to your special someone. Somebody should try to find out how many love affairs actually make or brake on this day. I am still wondering who the happiest people are on this day. Certainly, those who sell the V-day memorabilia’s as these are the people who go to the bank laughing. 

I know I cannot convince my stupid ideas to anyone so these mad ramblings on my blog. Here, nobody dares me to shut up. Even back home, my bro has got a gift for my sis-in-law (SIL) for the day. Wow! So that would save my bro from getting scolded for one day. My poor bro! Also, this would be the day my SIL won’t be getting upset and would have a reason to smile. So, I say it’s good.

But I really don’t understand why you need a materialistic gift to express your love to someone. You know the AGE, where my parents belonged, when my dad shared household work and that would be make my mom’s day. For my parents, that was love. I know this must be the case for many of them who are in their 70s and 80s. I, too, believe in this kind of love which doesn’t require a day or a particular gift to express it. Any moment would be perfect when my man decides to say it. Hmmmm….filmy isn’t it. But, can’t help it.


So till then, every year I will be criticizing, laughing, giving weird expressions to people who ask me “wat’s so special?”

No comments:

Post a Comment